In spring I want to wear a poncho. Something soft and warm, yet not too warm. Plain-colored, knitted, loose-fit, with armholes and a pretty neckline. Hence, I searched for the perfect pattern on ravelry. I love ravelry, but this time its magic would not work: I would not find anything to match the poncho I had in mind.
Therefore, I decided to write my own pattern. A decision with far reaching consequences, I guess …
I picked a beautiful yarn (50% wool, 50% alpaca) in brown red, that is pure fun to work with, knit a sample to ascertain the proper gauge, put J into bed and got started Thursday evening. Paper and pen within reach. So far, so good.
However, last night, I had to unravel my first attempt. Regardless of sample and gauge, it was way too small and (to top it) the neckline looked stupid. Hence (slightly frustrated), I started over (different neckline) and spent half of the night knitting, trying to make up for lost time.
Definitly NOT a good idea (sometimes it is well worth to wait for daylight) as I realized just now that about 15 rows earlier I must have missed an increase … So I am unraveling again.